DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown Provides Money Saving Tips
You just got engaged and have always dreamed of what your “perfect wedding” would be like. However, now comes the hard part, bringing your dream wedding to life within your allotted budget. Not to worry – you can still have a stylish, fun and memorable wedding, while saving some money at the same time.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown was recently named a “2012 Best of Weddings” venue by The Knot. Linda Ferone, the hotel’s Director of Catering, offers the following money-saving tips to help make your big day stylish and special, without completely breaking the bank.
1. Summer weddings can be fun and less expensive. Historically, June was the peak time to get married. However, trends have now changed and fall has become the peak wedding season. June, July and August can be great value months. The summer months allows you to utilize the outdoors for beautiful ceremonies and cocktail receptions.
2. Be flexible. Keep an open mind about having a Friday night or Sunday wedding. You can drastically reduce the cost of your reception by having it take place earlier in the day – such as hosting an elegant Sunday brunch. Brunches don’t last as long as dinners and people usually drink less.
3. Book all of your wedding related events at the same venue for additional discounts. You can receive a significant “reduction” when booking multiple events. “Hosting your wedding reception at a hotel allows you to book your out of town guestrooms, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and a post-nuptial breakfast at a value price,” said Ms. Ferone.
4. Limit your open bar. Limiting your reception’s open bar by even just one hour can help save money. Or, offer a stylish signature drink, along with wine and beer, and no one will even notice your savings.
5. Tweak your menu. By making one or two minor changes, you can save on the per person price. Just ask your caterer to remove the more expensive items from your reception menu, or reduce the number of choices offered for your main entrée. The more choices you offer for the main entrée, the more expensive the price can become for you.
6. Look for vendors who are offering special promotions. Vendors will sometimes provide special promotions to get you to book with them. For example, the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown is offering a complimentary five-night honeymoon at the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas for couples who book a standard wedding package with 175 or more people.
7. Keep your wedding list on the smaller side. It is of course easier to create a stylish event for less money with a smaller group of people. You don’t have to invite every neighbor on the block. If you both have large families, consider limiting the guest list to adult relatives and just a few close friends. Making your cuts categorically – such as omitting children and coworkers – is less likely to cause any disagreements. Also, when it comes to couples, only invite spouses, fiancés, and live-in partners.
8. Select house vendors. Almost every venue has a select group of florists, photographers, entertainers and other vendors that they recommend. Not only are these vendors usually of the best quality, but often times they will offer special pricing that you wouldn’t get by hiring someone else on your own.
9. Stick with flowers that are in season. Be smart about what types of flowers you choose, as those that are in season will save you a bundle. Also, think about how you can repurpose your flowers throughout the wedding – such as bringing the flowers from your ceremony to your reception site.
10. Use items the venue already has in stock. Where ever possible, avoid any specials orders which can significantly add to your costs. Be willing to use items that your venue already has in stock, such as table cloths, napkins, chair covers in a standard color (white/cream) and enjoy the savings.
About The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown
The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown is set on 11 acres of landscaped grounds in the heart of the Hudson Valley. The hotel offers 247 guest rooms, and the largest Grand Ballroom in Westchester County, with 10,000 square feet of flexible space. A total of 24,000 square feet of meeting and pre-function space also includes another ballroom and 17 meeting rooms. In addition, the hotel offers a complimentary business center, indoor pool, sauna, fitness center, day spa, and the delicious Bistro Z restaurant. The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown was recently named a “2012 Best of Weddings” venue by The Knot for its commitment to service and excellence. The hotel offers a beautiful country atmosphere and friendly service for both business and leisure guests.
For more information about The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown, please visit our website at http://www.tarrytown.doubletree.com. You can also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tarrytowndoubletree and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ttowndoubletree.