Are you looking to elope? Having your ceremony outside? Or at a venue? Maybe you found a church you love but they don’t have a officiant. In any of these situations you will need to hire an officiant. Some wedding officiants are of a specific faith and others are considered nondenominational and study interfaith. They will assist you and guide you through the process of the wedding ceremony. Most will be very open to theme weddings, destination weddings, and special ceremonies. Remember you do have options for your ceremony. Your officiant plays a very special role in your wedding day. You should feel a certain connection with them. When researching and interviewing officiants here are 15 questions to consider asking:
1. Can you customize the ceremony?
2. Does the Officiant have sample wording/ceremonies/readings to show you?
3. Do you require Counseling?
4. Is your Officiant known and respected in the Wedding industry.
5. Do you have back up in case you are sick.
6. Will you marry us if we are of different faiths or if we have been divorced?
7. Would you allow another Officiant to take part in the ceremony?
8. Can we choose special readings or music?
9. Will you give a sermon during the ceremony?
10. Do you issue the Marriage License?
11. Will you participate in the rehearsal?
12. Would you like to come to the wedding reception with your spouse?
13. Are there any restrictions as to our attire, or our bridal party’s attire?
14. Is flash photography allowed during the ceremony?
15. Will you wear a mic if the videographer requires one to capture the ceremony?