Choosing the Right Officiant for your Wedding
Many couples choose a venue, caterer, photographer, dj, hair and make up artist, and transportation before they even think about their ceremony. That’s ok. But when you do start to look for your wedding officiant there is a little bit of unknown anxiety. They become nervous about finding someone to connect with when it comes to a very personal moment. Here are some tips on choosing your wedding officiant.
1. Research the rule’s for wedding officiants in your state. Some states do not allow out of state officiants and some will only allow clergy that are active and good in standing with their religious organization.
2. What type of ceremony do you want? Religious, civil, or interfaith. This will determine the type of officiant you can look to hire.
3. Ask some of your friends that recently were married about their officiant. Ask if they like him or her and what they liked about their service.
4. Read the reviews on popular websites like Wedding Wire, Yelp and The Knot. Don’t just look at the first few, scroll to page 2 or 3 and read them.
5. Set up a meeting to speak with them and discuss your wedding. A great wedding officiant will ask you many questions, not just talk about themselves.
6. Ask him or her if they have a video of a ceremony they did or better yet, if they can see you perform live at a wedding.
For information about our officiants you can view their biographies here: https://hudsonvalleyceremonies.com/more-information/about/
or contact our office at 845-244-1482 and email@example.com