It is very important to find your officiant early, they are an invaluable resource in planning your ceremony and in answering any questions you might have. In choosing this person, you will want to be sure that he or she is not only willing but able to reflect accurately what you want your ceremony to convey. You will want to find someone who can reflect the quality of your love and speak meaningfully to you and your partner. Think about the following questions:
1. Does the officiant reflect or embody the spirit you want to create at your wedding?
2. Do you feel comfortable with him or her? Will you be able to express your preferences about content; speak up about matters of concern in the preparation of the ceremony; voice objections you might have or ask for silly, even seemingly trivial things to be included in the ceremony?
3. Will the officiant show you a finished ceremony in a format that is best for you (via email or fax)? And will the officiant change the ceremony upon your request?
4. Do you like the sound of his or her voice?
5. Do you have a connection with the officiant that allows you to trust that what he or she will say will be appropriate for the two of you? A person that has a sense of you and understands the uniqueness of your relationship?
6. Above all, will you value what this person has to say? Will he or she have delightful, meaningful, moving reflections that will elevate the ceremony from ordinary, generic, and formal to personal, beautiful and unforgettable?
7. Last but not least, relax in choosing an officiant. When you are all together, having a consultation, discussing how you celebrate your love and the type of ceremony that you have envisioned, you will know if that minister/officiant is the right one for the two of you. Something will click and there will be a connection.
So, how does finding and hiring the right officiant with Hudson Valley Ceremonies work? Here’s how:
- First we have you set up a phone, Facetime or skype consultation with the officiant of your choice or one that has been chosen for you. You can see our officiants Bio’s here.
- The officiant will ask you many questions about you and your fiance and what you most want for your ceremony.
- Please ask them as many questions as you want, they are very happy to answer and assist.
- If you wish to speak to another officiant we can set that up also.Finally you will choose the officiant that you have the best connection with and then choose a package.
Please check out our reviews, Hudson Valley Ceremonies has the best officiants in the valley!
Rev. Stuart at Buttermilk Falls Inn
Rev. Elizabeth Roth